Turmeric is both delicious and beneficial for health! Read on to learn 12 delicious turmeric recipes you can easily make at home!
Delicious Turmeric Recipes
Benefits of Turmeric
Turmeric is a spice that is made from the turmeric plant. It is widely used in Asian cuisine, and it’s known to be the main ingredient of curry. Turmeric has a bitter and warm taste. Due to its health benefits, turmeric root is widely used in medicine making.
Some of the health benefits of turmeric are as listed;
- Hay Fever: Curcumin in turmeric can reduce the symptoms of hay fever.
- Cholesterol: Turmeric is known to lower the blood fat levels known as triglycerides.
- Osteoarthritis: Turmeric is known to reduce pain and improve function for those who suffer from knee osteoarthritis.
Delicious Turmeric Recipes
Turmeric recipes are now very popular because of the amazing benefits of the spice.
Coconut Peach Turmeric Popsicles
Summer is right around the corner! Make these delicious and healthy popsicles at home!
- ½ cups of coconut milk
- 2 cups of frozen peaches
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- Mix the coconut milk and frozen peaches in a blender until it’s smooth.
- Add turmeric, agave syrup, and ginger then blend again.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for about 7-9 hours.
Turmeric Lentil Detox Soup
Lentil soup is amazingly beneficial for health. Here’s a turmeric recipe with detoxing effects!
- 2 cups of veggie broth
- ½ cup of water
- ¼ cup of dry lentils
- 2 cups of broccoli
- ¾ cup of chickpeas
- ¾ tsp turmeric
- Boil the broth, water, and lentil together. After boiling for 5 minutes, lower the heat.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes and then add the broccoli and chickpeas. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix the turmeric powder before serving!
Pineapple Turmeric Smoothie
Pineapple & turmeric smoothie is not only delicious, but it’s also super simple to make!
- 1 banana
- 2 cups of frozen pineapple
- ¼ cup of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- Blend all the ingredients in the blender and then enjoy it!
- Note: if you do not use frozen fruits, the density will be juice-like rather than a smoothie.
Turmeric Tahini Power Bowl
Power bowls are delicious and healthy! Try this tahini power bowl now!
- 3 small beets
- ½ cup of dry lentils
- 1 cup of shredded cabbage
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp ground pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and slice the beets and put them on a baking sheet with some olive oil splashed over them—Bake for 25 minutes – or until they are soft.
- Cook the lentils, shred the cabbage and slice the radishes.
- Mix the tahini and turmeric until you achieve a saucy density.
- Put your ingredients into a bowl and add turmeric sauce before serving.
Get rid of the toxins in your body with this delicious turmeric tonic!
- Chopped fresh ginger
- Chopped fresh turmeric
- 3 tbsp lemon
- 3 tbsp honey
- Tonic water
- Mix all the ingredients in the blender.
- Fill your glass with ice and then pour your drink in it!
Turmeric Iced Latte
Latte with turmeric? It may sound crazy, but it is delicious!
- 1 cup of cashew milk
- 4 tsp grated fresh turmeric
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 pinches of ground cardamom
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Whisk all the ingredients in a container until the sugar and the salt dissolve entirely and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour your mix into a glass full of ice and then enjoy it!
One-bite treats for those who love living healthy!
- 1 cup of almond butter
- ¾ unsweetened coconut flakes
- 5 tbsp plant-based protein powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- Mix all the ingredients in the blender until mixed well.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 1 hour (until it hardens)
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll the dough into one bite-size ball.
- Put the one bite-size balls in the fridge for another 3-4 hours.
- Dip them in coconut flakes before serving.
Milk is healthy, but turmeric milk can be the next favorite drink for those who love living healthy!
- 1 piece of freshly grated turmeric root
- 1 part of freshly grated ginger root
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 pinch ground turmeric
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl, crushing turmeric and ginger as much as possible.
- Heat the almond milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Lower the temperature once it starts to boil. Take 2 tbsp milk to the turmeric mixture to allow the mixture to soften. Then add some
- honey to achieve a paste-like consistency.
- Mix the turmeric paste into the milk while raising the temperature to medium-low and cook until it’s thoroughly mixed.
- Blend everything in the blender for a smooth mixture and add ground turmeric and ground cinnamon before serving.
Here’s a turmeric cake recipe with low calories!
- 1 ½ cups semolina flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ⅛ cups white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ½ vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease your baking pan.
- Mix semolina, flour, turmeric and baking powder in a bowl and set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir milk and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Add flour mix and oil and blend it well for 5 minutes.
- Pour your mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle it with pine nuts then bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Turmeric One-Bite Cheesecake
Here’s a delicious and healthy dessert for those who love lemon cheesecake!
- 2 packs of cream cheese
- 100ml yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp starch
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 1 lemon peel (shredded)
- 1 ½ pack biscuits
- 3 tbsp melted butter
For the sauce
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 3 lemons (juiced)
- 2 lemon peels (shredded)
- 2 tbsp starch
- 2 cups of water
- Blend the biscuits and mix well with the butter for the base.
- Grease the cake mold well and add the cake mixture evenly.
- Mix yogurt, cream cheese, starch, sugar, lemon, and lemon peel and whisk them all well.
- Add this mixture to the cheesecake base and bake it for 20 minutes in a preheated oven (170C)
- Mix the sauce ingredients while cooking until it reaches a paste consistency.
- Add the sauce onto your cheesecake evenly and let them rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Turmeric Quinoa Power Bowl
Quinoa power bowls are trendy for being healthy! This recipe with turmeric quinoa power bowl is extra healthy and extra delicious!
- 6-7 small potatoes
- 15 oz can chickpeas
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup quinoa
- 2 kale leaves
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Slice the potatoes and lay them on a baking sheet. Drizzle with coconut o
- il and sprinkle some turmeric powder. You can also add salt and pepper.
- Roast for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix the chickpeas with 1 tsp paprika and put them on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cook quinoa with ½ cup of water. Add 1 tsp turmeric and mix well after it’s cooked. Let it rest.
- Wash kale leaves and slice the avocado to prepare your bowl. Add roasted chickpeas and potatoes and enjoy.
Turmeric Potato Patty
Patty lovers will love this recipe! It’s easy to make, and it’s delicious!
- Potatoes (750gr)
- Turmeric Powder (50g)
- Creamed Coconut Block (¾ tsp)
- Sea salt (1 tsp)
- Black Pepper (desired amount)
- Chop the potatoes into small cubes and boil them
- Grate the coconut block and mix it with boiled potatoes until it melts completely.
- Add turmeric, pepper, and salt.
- Mash together all the ingredients until it’s smooth.
- Shape them into patties and then grill them for 7 minutes on each side.
How do you think olive leaf extract benefits you and your family? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below!